>

Stampin' Up! Family & Friends Stamp Set

No comments
Hello beautiful people,
How are you all? If you're in Australia i bet you're melting in this hot weather. My American friends i know you are suffering in your big snow storms, please take care out there.

Do you love stamp sets that let you build a theme, or a person? Well if you do, you will love this little set that is available now in the Occasions catalogue.

It's a fun little set. I've been playing with it the last 2 days, from the moment i wake up till i got to bed, i've been here at my desk having some needed creative fun.

Before we get onto looking at what i created, let me give you this tip. Start with the body and chin outline first! Trust me on this.....My first time stamping it out, i started with the body, then hair, then eyes, then chin! DO NOT leave the chin till last. Because if you do, you will have a hard time lining things up. I learnt from this mistake when i stamped out The Bearded Lady! lol.....I'm not the first to do that, and gee it gives you a belly laugh when you do it!

I have a few cards for you today. The one with the group of people was actually aimed towards fellow demonstrators. We come from all over the world, all kinds of shapes, sizes, skin colours, but we are a stamping family! I think this card would be good for onstage swaps. What do you think?

The other 2 cards i made for little BFF's, or sisters. I have twin nieces, very much identical, and as little girls they were always dressed in pinks or purples. Lauren in purple, Kahlee in pink! It's really the only way we could tell them apart years ago. I bet they love being adults now, no more matchy matchy clothes, hehe. So the purple and pink girls are in recognition of my lovely nieces.




The Mango Melody card was my first one, it's really just the prototype one, lol.
I really wanted the shimmer clouds on these cards and not a sponged blue sky. I hope you like this little idea. I really really like it. The mother in law wanted me to sponge it blue, but NO, it's not what i wanted.

For all 3 cards, i have sponged the grass in Old Olive.  The 2 little girl cards have shimmery clouds, which i made by using the cloud stencil from our Pattern Party Decorative Masks with our Shimmery White Embossing Paste. The sentiments from the little girl cards are from Thoughtful Banners. All sentiments are embossed in white emboss powder on Basic Black cardstock.
I've coloured everything in Stampin' Blends. I looooove the blends!
The grass and flowers come from A Little Wild stamp set. They are matted on Mango Melody cardstock and Highland Heather cardstock.

The group card is matted onto Old Olive cardstock. The clouds are sponged with Balmy Blue ink. The sentiment for this card came from Love You To Pieces.
Those teeny tiny adorable butterflies come from Butterfly Beauty Thinlits. Oh my gosh, if you havent seen them, you are going to die! There are sooo many butterflies in it, talk about butterfly overload, hehe.

There is sooo much you could do with this set, imagination is your only hurdle really.

Well that's it for today, thanks so very much for being here. Hope you like the things i create. Creativity is a huge part of my life.
Until next time, be safe, be kind, be happy. Love, Mel.


Product List

No comments

Popular Posts