>

Chop your paper, no more excuses!

No comments
Hello everyone,



About a week ago i took part in a free online workshop hosted by Kylie Bertucci. What a gem she is to do a free workshop!
Once i knew the basics of chopping your paper i was right to go on my own.

Let's have a look at what i made and the measurements.




My card bases are 5 3/4" x 8 1/4"
scored at 4 1/8".

I have lot's of paper i have hoarded, it's quite ridiculous really. So i started with some cuts using our Birthday Memories DSP, then i grabbed one of our old DSP stacks, the ones that used to measure 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and turned them into 23 pretty cards. NO MORE WASTAGE!!

The measurements for the stack of cards were cut into 4 different sizes, here are the measurements for them in the size i did, as well as sizes for 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card bases.

My card bases are an A4 with 1/4" cut off to make it a 11 1/2" x 8 1/4" piece. I then cut my base in half to 5 3/4" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8". Or i cut it at 4 1/8" and score it at 5 3/4".
The dsp cuts are:
for a full size 4 1/8" x 5 3/4".
next size was cut at 4" x 5 5/8".
another piece at 3 7/8" x 5 1/2".
and the other was 3 5/8" x 5 1/4".

U.S.A card bases 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
Dsp sizes 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
4 1/8" x 5 1/4".
4" x 5 1/4".
And 3 3/4" x 5".

Keep in mind, i didn't cut this from 12 x 12 paper, it was from the old 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper stacks, All Abloom. I used the off cuts to dress the back of the envelope, and for the insides of the cards.

I also sat down and worked out a bunch of one sheet wonders. I will blog about them in the future.

For now, here are the Birthday Memories cards, and the stack of 23 from All Abloom.

I understand being hesitant when it comes to chopping that beautiful paper, you don't want to ruin it and waste it am i right? But take it from me, once you are done chopping, you will be so glad you did it. It will feel like getting a new haircut, you will feel lighter and happier. So get into it and chop that paper, get it onto some cards and show it off!

Hugs, Mel xx





No comments

Popular Posts