>

Black Ice Technique using Hold On To Hope.

No comments


Hello crafty friends,

It's a hot & sticky Sunday here today so i have been hiding in the air conditioning playing with my stash of crafting goodies.
I'm sure plenty of you have seen the Black Ice technique getting around. I have seen Melissa Kerman do a bunch of awesome cards using this technique. She made her cards using the Epic Celebrations stamp set, and an AH-MAZING one done with Heartfelt Blooms, it looks gorgeous!

I was curious as to how this technique works. I thought it would be a tricky one to learn, but blow me down!, it is easy. And the effect is so darn marvelous. Although this is my first play doing this technique i do believe it will be a favourite, i love the whole *grunge* look of it.


So after seeing lot's of beautiful, and i mean beautiful samples i wanted to give it a try. A lot of people are using the Heartfelt Blooms and Waterfront stamp sets but i wanted to try something a little different so i went with a beautiful religious theme.
What do you guys think? You like? I hope so.

I decided to try the Gable box first and like the look of it. I am a bit of a black girl, and i do like to craft along the black lines, lol.
I am super dooper in love with the card. I know it can be hard to see, as photographing these projects was tricky, but i ran my VersaMark pad over a few clouds from our stencils, and embossed it with clear embossing powder. The card photographed from side on shows it the best. And once again, it's one of those projects that the camera just doesnt do justice to i'm afraid.








I have used the following items to create it with.

Inks: Archival Black. 
         Versa Mark.
Cardstocks: Silver Foil #132178
                    Whisper White #106549
                    Basic Black #121688

Others: Clear Emboss Powder #109130
             3/8" Black Shimmer Ribbon #144129
             Black Mini Sequin Trim #144259
             Stampin' Dimensionals #104430

Stamps/Dies: Hold On To Hope, Clear mount bundle, #145970
                                                     Wood Mount #145969


I truly hope you like this card and feel inspired to make your own black ice technique card.

Hugs, Mel. xo

No comments

Popular Posts